Starting a Relationship with Jesus:
God created within each of us the need to have a special relationship with Him. He wanted this relationship so much that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to earth to make that possible.
It is as easy as ABC to establish this relationship.
A) Acknowledge that you need God.
• Admit that you have sinned (done things displeasing to God) and that sin has separated you from a Holy God.
• "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).
• "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us" (1 John 1:8).
B) Believe in Jesus Christ.
• Believe that God sent His Son, Jesus Christ to pay the penalty for our sins by dying on the cross.
• "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).
• "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved…" (Acts 16:31).
C) Confess and turn from your sin and wrong doing.
• "If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation" (Romans 10:9, 10).
• "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).
PRAY THIS SIMPLE PRAYER FROM YOUR HEART TO GOD: “Father, I admit that I have sinned. I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ, died on the cross to save me from my sins and to bring forgiveness to me. I confess to You now with my own voice that I am trusting that Jesus has paid the penalty for my sins. I am trusting in You to help me renounce my sins, and with Your help, I will begin to live a holy life. Thank you. Amen.
Scriptures are from the New King James translation of the Bible.
Get to know God better by doing these things:
• Read the Bible which is God’s Word to the world. The book of John is a good place to start.
• Pray to God in the name of Jesus every day. Talk to Him respectfully as you would talk to a friend.
• Jesus taught His original disciples this prayer: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one” (Luke 11:2-4).
• Find a Christian church that teaches the Bible and worship there regularly, ie. Adoration Church. We would love to have you with us.